Sunday, September 13, 2009

We're back! And first day of Pre-K!

No, I haven't been abducted by aliens or fallen off the earth or anything so dramatic. We have been busy as bees around here getting ready for our home-preschool, starting home-preschool, getting ready for pre-k, starting pre-k, filling out and mailing forms, setting up new therapy program, starting new big-kid-gymnastics class, doctors appointments... oh, I could go on.

Big news! Esme had her first day of preschool. She loved it! She was a little quiet when I dropped her off, and her aide said she cried a bit and said "I want Mommy!" (yay, Esme!), but then she settled in and by the time I picked her up, she was happy and playing!
The next time we went she said "I want babies (the dolls in the doll center), I want Susan (her teacher), I want cake (her favourite cupcake toy)!" She happily went into the class without me and waved goodbye! When I came to pick her up she wanted to go down the slide one more time but told me "No Mommy. I want Lo-see (Lois, her aide)". I watched while Lois helped her down the slide! *cry*! I've been replaced!
Never fear, she was happy to come home and told me the next morning "No Lo-see!". Luckily it was not a school day.
Here are some pics of her first day of school. She was not interested in posing for posterity. Ah well.


The obligatory Thomas the Train backpack.


More updates to come, including... Esme's first crush!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hi, Jane. It is nice to connect with you and the adorable Esme. I was so moved by what you wrote on my post about inclusion, it was so true, and so well said.

I am glad Esme loved her first day of preschool. Tomorrow, my little girl goes to pre-k, I can't believe it!